Transportation Vision Scholarship
Academic Year 2021-2022
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS: October 10th, 2022
FINAL DEADLINE (No More Extensions): October 17th, 2022 - Midnight
- Civil or Environmental Engineering Major
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at a Southern California college or university.
- Current ASCE Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- Proof of Registration for Event. Please print your registration for the event and include it in your application.
- A 3-5 minute video presentation. Please include a web-link to your video in your application package.
- Topic: Please Elaborate on One of the topics listed below
Choice #1: With the emergence of new technologies in the transportation engineering field, such as Autonomous Vehicles (AV), Electric Vehicles (EV), accelerated construction techniques, and virtual reality, it is evident that future design of our transportation systems is changing. How do you see these technologies impacting the future of transportation and future generations of engineers?
Choice #2: A major topic in today’s transportation agencies is providing equity in their transit and transportation systems moving forward. How would you see equity best implemented in Southern California via transportation? Present some ideas on different types of solutions, and how young engineers could get involved in these solutions.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Video – 55%
- Grades – 20%
- ASCE Involvement – 15%
- History and Heritage Night registration – 10%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Video. Candidates must submit a link to the video in their application.
The ASCE-OC T&DI Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student.
Multiple separate awards are anticipated totaling the amount of $5,000. Awards and amounts will be determined at the discretion of the review panel.
Awards will be presented at the ASCE-OC History and Heritage Night on November 3rd, 2022.
Please contact T&DI Chair, Alaheswaran Thurairajah, with any questions: A.Thurairajah@earthmech.com
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.