Environmental and Water Resources Scholarship
Academic Year 2021-2022
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS: October 10th, 2022
FINAL DEADLINE (No More Extensions): October 17th, 2022 - Midnight
- Civil or Environmental Engineering Major
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at a Southern California college or university.
- Current ASCE Member. Please provide a bio under where it says “Essay” and describe your involvement in ASCE.
- An unofficial transcript
- Proof of Registration for Event. Please print your registration for the event and include it in your application under where it says “Essay.”
- A 5-7 minute video presentation. Please include a web-link to your video in your application package.
- Describe and provide a potential solution(s) to a critical remediation issue for water, soil or air that is relevant to the Southern California region.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Video – 60%
- Grades – 15%
- ASCE Involvement – 15%
- On-time Registration for History & Heritage Night – 10%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Video. Candidates must submit a link to the video in their application.
The ASCE-OC EWRI Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student.
Two separate awards are anticipated in the following amounts: $1,000 Each. Awards and amounts will be determined at the discretion of the review panel.
Awards will be presented at the ASCE-OC History and Heritage Night on November 3rd, 2022.
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.