Construction Institute Scholarship
Academic Year 2022-2023
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS: October 27th, 2023 - Midnight
FINAL DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 1st, 2023 - MIDNIGHT
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management Major
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at a Southern California college or university.
- Current ASCE Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- 2-5 minute video presentation. Please include a web-link to your video in your application package.
The everyday life in the construction industry encompasses a plethora of interactions between different key players (inspectors, clients, designers, etc.). What are the required skills to be a successful entry level project engineer and ultimately project manager? How is the current condition of the construction industry challenging these skills? .
Anticipated Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Video – 60%
- Grades – 15%
- ASCE Involvement – 15%
- On-Time Registration for History Heritage Student Scholarship Night - 10%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Video. Candidates must submit a link to the video in their application.
The ASCE-OC Construction Institute Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student up to $1,000.
Awards will be determined at the discretion of the review panel.
Awards to be presented at the virtual ASCE-OC History and Heritage Night on November 13th, 2023.
For any questions, please contact Maryam Takla at: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.