Transportation Vision Scholarship
Academic Year 2020-2021
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS:
November 1st, 2021
FINAL DEADLINE EXTENSION: NOVEMBER 5th, MIDNIGHT
- Civil or Environmental Engineering Major
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at a Southern California college or university.
- Current ASCE Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- Proof of Registration for Event. Please print your registration for the event and include it in your application.
- A 3-5 minute video presentation. Please include a web-link to your video in your application package.
- Topic: Please Elaborate on One of the topics listed below
Choice #1: Considering the current traffic congestion in Southern California, how can it be fixed via transportation and development? Discuss the major improvements that can be done to improve. How will you be involved to make this vision a reality?
Choice #2: A major topic in today’s transportation agencies is providing equity in their transit and transportation systems moving forward. How would you see equity best implemented in Southern California via transportation? Present some ideas on different types of solutions, and how young engineers could get involved in these solutions.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Video – 55%
- Grades – 20%
- ASCE Involvement – 15%
- History and Heritage Night registration – 10%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Video. Candidates must submit a link to the video in their application.
The ASCE-OC T&DI Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student.
One separate award is anticipated in the amount of up to $1,000. Awards and amounts will be determined at the discretion of the review panel.
Awards will be presented at the virtual ASCE-OC History and Heritage Night on November 18th, 2021.
Please contact T&DI Chair, Alaheswaran Thurairajah, with any questions: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.