Transportation Vision Scholarship
Academic Year 2018-2019
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS:
October 15th, 2018 Now Extended to October 22nd, 2018.
- Civil Engineering Major with Transportation Focus.
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior attending CSUF, CSULB or UCI.
- Current ASCE Member.
- A recommendation letter from an ASCE Faculty Advisor is strongly preferred.
- A short essay of maximum 6000 characters (including blank spaces) is required. The essay submitted must cover the topic of: Your Vision of Future Transportation in California (or in general). Graphics are acceptable and not counted toward the word limit.
- College transcripts (or equivalent certified by the Faculty Advisor).
- A resume is encouraged to be submitted – all received resumes will be sent to local companies in the transportation field.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- ASCE Involvement.
- Essay of your Transportation Vision.
- Faculty Advisor’s Recommendation Letter.
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be assigned after the review panel is formed, with the emphasis on the Vision. Faculty Advisors are encouraged to prepare a brief recommendation for each applicant if they know them well enough to do so.
The ASCE Orange County Branch Transportation Vision Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student and presented at the ASCE Orange County Branch History & Heritage / Student Night Dinner on November 15th, 2018. A short bio and professional photo will be required for awarded applicants.
The Award will be given in the following amount:* Transportation Vision: $1,000
*Note: The money allocation is subject to change, and will vary depending on the budget approval of the Board of ASCE OC - T&DI
Please contact ASCE OC-T&DI with any questions: Jeff Braun at: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.