Transportation Vision Scholarship
Academic Year 2020-2021
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS: October 15th, 2020.
- Civil or Environmental Engineering Major
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at a Southern California college or university.
- Current ASCE Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- Proof of Registration for Event. Please print your registration for the event and include it in your application.
- A 3-5 minute video presentation. Please include a web-link to your video in your application package.
- Topic: Keeping in mind the Southern California area, what do you see as critical local transportation and/or land development engineering issues? Present your vision of the possible solutions. How will you be involved to make this vision a reality?
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Video – 55%
- Grades – 20%
- ASCE Involvement – 15%
- History and Heritage Night registration – 10%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Video. Candidates must submit a link to the video in their application.
The ASCE-OC T&DI Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student.
One separate award is anticipated in the amount of up to $1,000. Awards and amounts will be determined at the discretion of the review panel.
Awards will be presented at the virtual ASCE-OC History and Heritage Night on November 4-5, 2020.
Please contact T&DI Chair, Steve Crouch, with any questions: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.