Geotechnical Institute Scholarship
Academic Year 2021-2022
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS: October 10th, 2022
FINAL DEADLINE (No More Extensions): October 17th, 2022 - Midnight
- Civil Engineering Major with Geotechnical Focus
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student attending a Southern California College or University.
- Current ASCE Member (ASCE membership is free for students)
- A recommendation letter from an ASCE Faculty Advisor is encouraged. The letter should be sent directly to the G-I Chair from the Advisor, contact email is provided below.
- Proof of Registration for Event. Please print your registration for the event and include it in your application.
- A 2-3 Minute Video Presentation is required. The video presentation must cover the topic of: Describe the importance of Geotechnical Engineering in infrastructure projects. Please include a web-link to your video in your application package.
- College transcript (unofficial or equivalent certified by the Faculty Advisor).
- A resume is encouraged to be submitted – received resumes may be sent to local companies in the geotechnical field
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- ASCE Involvement
- Video Presentation Content of your Geotechnical Future Contribution
- Grade Point Average (additional weight applied to geotechnical courses)
- Faculty Advisor’s Recommendation Letter (encouraged but not required)
- On-time Registration for History & Heritage Night
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be assigned after the review panel is formed. A link to the video presentation must be submitted with the Candidate’s application.
The ASCE Orange County Branch Geotechnical Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student and presented at the ASCE Orange County Branch History & Heritage / Student Scholarship Night Dinner on November 3rd, 2022. A short bio and photo will be required for awarded applicants.
The Award will be given in the following amount: Geotechnical Institute Scholarship: Upto $2,000. Scholarship funds may be awarded to two applicants if deemed appropriate.
Please contact G-I Chair, Ali Bastani, with any questions: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.