Academic Year 2018-2019
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS:
October 15th, 2018 Now Extended to October 22nd, 2018.
- Civil Engineering Major with Geotechnical Focus.
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior attending CSUF, CSULB or UCI.
- Current ASCE Member.
- A recommendation letter from an ASCE Faculty Advisor is strongly preferred. Please do not upload the letter using the upload form below. The letter should be sent directly from the Advisor to the application reviewer: [email protected].
- A short essay of maximum 6000 characters (including blank spaces) is required. The essay submitted must cover the topic of: Your Future Contributions to the Geotechnical Field and Community. Graphics are acceptable and not counted toward the word limit.
- College transcripts (or equivalent certified by the Faculty Advisor).
- A resume is encouraged to be submitted – all received resumes will be sent to local companies in the geotechnical field.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- ASCE Involvement
- Faculty Advisor’s Recommendation Letter
- Essay of your Geotechnical Future Contribution
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be assigned after the review panel is formed.
The ASCE Orange County Branch Geotechnical Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student and presented at the ASCE Orange County Branch History & Heritage / Student Night Dinner on November 15th, 2018. A short bio and photo will be required for awarded applicants.
The Award will be given in the following amount:* Geotechnical Scholarship: $1,000
*Note: The money allocation is subject to change, and will vary depending on the budget approval of the Board of ASCE OC – Geo-Institute.
Please contact ASCE OC - Geo-Institute with any questions: Taki Chrysovergis, ASCE OC Branch Geo-Institute | e-mail: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.