Environmental and Water Resources Scholarship
Academic Year 2020-2021
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS: October 15th, 2020.
- Civil or Environmental Engineering Major
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at a Southern California college or university.
- Current ASCE Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- Proof of Registration for Event. Please print your registration for the event and include it in your application.
- A 5-10 minute video presentation. Please include a web-link to your video in your application package.
- Topic: Detail what you see as a critical local Water or Environmental Resources issue and present your ideas on possible solutions.
- Sample topics: waterway pollution, water supply, wastewater reuse, conservation, etc. Feel free to select your own topic.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Video – 60%
- Grades – 15%
- ASCE Involvement – 15%
- On-time Registration for History & Heritage Night – 10%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Video. Candidates must submit a link to the video in their application.
The ASCE-OC EWRI Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student.
Two separate awards are anticipated in the following amounts: $1,000 each. Awards and amounts will be determined at the discretion of the review panel.
Awards will be presented at the virtual ASCE-OC History and Heritage Night on November 4-5, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.