Environmental and Water Resources Scholarship
Academic Year 2020-2021
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS:
November 1st, 2021
FINAL DEADLINE EXTENSION: NOVEMBER 5th, MIDNIGHT
- Civil or Environmental Engineering Major
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at a Southern California college or university.
- Current ASCE Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- Proof of Registration for Event. Please print your registration for the event and include it in your application.
- A 5-7 minute video presentation. Please include a web-link to your video in your application package.
- You are a part of an engineering team headed to a mountain village in an underdeveloped country. The village does not have access to water for half of the year, when there is no rainfall. During the other half of the year, the village has significant rainfall. There aren’t any other water sources nearby, including no nearby groundwater aquifer due to underlying mountainous bedrock. What could be a solution for this village to have water all year? Expand the hypothetical scenario and describe the supply system you would recommend, including your thoughts on any environmental considerations. Provide real life examples and/or lessons from your classes which support your solution. Be creative!”
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Video – 60%
- Grades – 15%
- ASCE Involvement – 15%
- On-time Registration for History & Heritage Night – 10%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Video. Candidates must submit a link to the video in their application.
The ASCE-OC EWRI Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student.
Two separate awards are anticipated in the following amounts: $750 each. Awards and amounts will be determined at the discretion of the review panel.
Awards will be presented at the virtual ASCE-OC History and Heritage Night on November 18th, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.