Environmental and Water Resources Scholarship
Academic Year 2018-2019
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS:
October 15th, 2018 Now Extended to October 22nd, 2018.
- Civil Engineering Major.
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at CSUF, CSULB or UCI.
- Current ASCE Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- A recommendation letter from an ASCE Faculty Advisor is strongly preferred.
- A short essay of maximum three pages with font size 11 is required. The essay submitted must cover the topic of: What area in Water Resources interests you the most and how can you use the knowledge you have in this area to help enhance the community? Graphics are acceptable and not counted toward the word limit.
- College transcripts (or equivalent certified by the Faculty Advisor).
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Essay – 60%
- Grades – 20%
- ASCE Membership & Involvement – 20%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be assigned after the review panel is formed, with the emphasis on the Vision. Faculty Advisors are encouraged to prepare a brief recommendation for each applicant if they know them well enough to do so.
The ASCE Orange County Branch EWRI Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student and presented at the ASCE Orange County Branch History & Heritage / Student Night Dinner on November 15th, 2018. A short bio and professional photo will be required for awarded applicants.
The Award will be given in the following amount:* EWRI Vision: $750
*Note: The money allocation is subject to change, and will vary depending on the budget approval of the Board of ASCE OC - EWRI
Please contact Remi Candaele with any questions: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.