Environmental and Water Resources Scholarship
Academic Year 2019-2020
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS: October 25th, 2019.
- Civil or Environmental Engineering Major
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at a Southern California college or university.
- Current ASCE Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- A 5-10 minute video presentation (please include a web-link to your video) – OR – a short essay of maximum three pages with font size 11 (graphics are encouraged but not accounted toward page limit).
- Topic: Detail what you see as a critical local Water or Environmental Resources issue and present your ideas on possible solutions.
- Sample topics: waterway pollution, water supply, wastewater reuse, conservation, etc. Feel free to select your own topic.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Essay/Video – 60%
- Grades – 20%
- ASCE Involvement – 20%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Essay/Video. Candidates electing the video presentation must submit a link to the video in their application.
The ASCE Orange County Branch EWRI Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student and presented at the ASCE Orange County Branch History & Heritage / Student Night Dinner on November 21st, 2019. A short bio and professional photo will be required for awarded applicants.
Two separate Awards are anticipated in the following amounts: $1,000 each. Awards and amounts will be determined at the discretion of the review panel.
*Note: The money allocation is subject to change, and will vary depending on the budget approval of the Board of ASCE OC - EWRI
Please contact Jennifer Marks with any questions: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.