Community College Student Scholarship
Academic Year 2018-2019
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS:
October 15th, 2018 Now Extended to October 22nd, 2018.
- Currently enrolled in a community college in Orange County.
- Current ASCE Member.
- A short essay of maximum 6000 characters (including blank spaces) is required. The essay submitted must cover the topic of: What the candidate appreciates the most about Civil Engineering, their aspirations as a Civil Engineer and any other information which the candidate feels is relevant or deserving of the Scholarship.
- College transcripts (or equivalent certified by the Faculty Advisor).
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Coursework, curriculum and academic performance.
- Intent to pursue a career in Civil Engineering.
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be assigned after the review panel is formed.
The ASCE Orange County Branch Community College Student Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student and presented at the ASCE Orange County Branch History & Heritage / Student Night Dinner on November 15th, 2018. A short bio and photo will be required for awarded applicants.
The Award will be given in the following amount:* $1,000
*Note: The money allocation is subject to change, and will vary depending on the number of students applying for the scholarship. There may be more candidates awarded than indicated above.
For any questions, please contact Jeff Braun at: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.