Structural Engineering Institute Scholarship
Academic Year 2019-2020
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS: October 25th, 2019.
- Civil Engineering Major with emphasis in Structure
- Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at CSUF, CSULB or UCI
- Current ASCE/SEI Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- A short essay of maximum two pages with font 11 describing why pursuing education in structural engineering field.
- A statement by the applicant of the reasons believed to justify the award to the applicant, specifically including plans for continuing formal education
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Essay – 50%
- Grades – 30%
- ASCE Membership & Involvement – 20%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Essay.
The ASCE Orange County Branch Structural Engineering Institute Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student and presented at the ASCE Orange County Branch History & Heritage / Student Night Dinner on November 21st, 2019. A short bio and photo will be required for awarded applicants.
Two separate Awards will be given in the following amounts: $750 each
*Note: The money allocation is subject to change, and will vary depending on the number of students applying for the scholarship. There may be more candidates awarded than indicated above.
For any questions, please contact Bita Shahla at: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.