Academic Year 2017/2018
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS has been extended to October 27, 2017
- Civil Engineering Major
- Junior or Senior attending UCI, CSUF or CSULB
- ASCE Member for at least one year.
- A short one-page essay is required. The essay submitted must cover the topic of:
- What the candidate appreciates the most about Civil Engineering, their aspirations as a Civil Engineer and any other information which the candidate feels is relevant or deserving of the scholarship
- College transcripts (or equivalent certified by the Faculty Advisor).
- A student cannot win the same achievement award two consecutive years. However, even if they have won 2nd or 3rd last year, they can still apply again for this year.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- ASCE Involvement - 30%
- Grades - 15%
- Civil Engineering Activities (University & Professional) - 15%
- Essay - 20%
- Community Involvement/Volunteerism - 10%
- Leadership - 10%
Faculty Advisors are encouraged to prepare a brief recommendation for each applicant if they know them well enough to do so.
The ASCE Orange County Branch Achievement Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student and presented at the ASCE Orange County Branch History & Heritage / Student Night Dinner on November 16, 2017.
Awards will be given to the students in approximately the following amounts:*
1st Place Qualified Candidate: $2,500
2nd Place Qualified Candidate: $1,500
3rd Place Qualified Candidate: $1,000
*Note: The money allocation is subject to change, and will vary depending on the number of students applying for the scholarship. There may be more candidates awarded than indicated above.
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.