Structural Engineering Institute Scholarship
Academic Year 2021-2022
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS: October 10th, 2022
FINAL DEADLINE (No More Extensions): October 17th, 2022 - Midnight
- Civil Engineering Major with emphasis in Structure
- Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at CSUF, CSULB or UCI
- Current ASCE/SEI Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- Proof of Registration for Event. Please print your registration for the event and include it in your application.
- A 2-3 minutes video presentation. Please include a web-link to your video in your application package.
- Topic: You are a Structural Engineer designing an apartment complex for earthquake loads in Southern California. Explain what structural system you would choose to provide the strength for the design earthquake lateral loads. Provide real life observation and/or examples from you classes on why you made your selection.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Video – 50%
- Grades – 25%
- ASCE Membership & Involvement – 15%
- On-time Registration for History & Heritage Night – 10%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Video.
The ASCE OC-SEI Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student.
One Award will be given in the following amount: $1,000.
Awards will be presented at the ASCE-OC History and Heritage Night on November 3rd, 2022.
Please contact SEI OC, Jason Fix, with any questions: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.