Structural Engineering Institute Scholarship
Academic Year 2020-2021
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS:
November 1st, 2021
FINAL DEADLINE EXTENSION: NOVEMBER 5th, MIDNIGHT
- Civil Engineering Major with emphasis in Structure
- Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at CSUF, CSULB or UCI
- Current ASCE/SEI Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- Proof of Registration for Event. Please print your registration for the event and include it in your application.
- A 2-3 minutes video presentation. Please include a web-link to your video in your application package.
- Topic: Describe why you are choosing to pursue an education in the structural engineering field and why you became a structural engineer.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Video – 50%
- Grades – 25%
- ASCE Membership & Involvement – 15%
- On-time Registration for History & Heritage Night – 10%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Video.
The ASCE OC-SEI Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student.
Two separate Awards will be given in the following amounts: $750 each
Awards will be presented at the virtual ASCE-OC History and Heritage Night on November 18th, 2021.
Please contact SEI OC, Jason Fix, with any questions: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.