Construction Institute Summit Scholarship
Academic Year 2019-2020
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS:
October 25th, 2019.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO : NOVEMBER 1st, FRIDAY (DUE MIDNIGHT)
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management Major
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at a Southern California college or university.
- Current ASCE Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- 2-5 minute video presentation (please include a web-link to your video) – OR – a short essay of maximum 1-2 pages with font size 11 (graphics are encouraged but not accounted toward page limit).
- Topic: The theme for the upcoming 8th Annual Construction Institute (CI) Summit is “Our Vision Is 20/20: Challenge the Past and ENGINEER TOMORROW.” Detail your vision for engineering the future of the construction industry.
Anticipated Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Essay/Video – 60%
- Grades – 20%
- ASCE Involvement – 20%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Essay/Video. Candidates electing the video presentation must submit a link to the video in their application.
The ASCE Orange County Branch Construction Institute Summit Scholarship Award will be honored in the form of a paid student conference registration to attend the Construction Institute Summit to be held in Los Angeles on February 20-22, 2020. The awards will be presented to the individual student at the ASCE Orange County Branch History & Heritage / Student Night Dinner on November 21st, 2019. A short bio and photo will be required for awarded applicants.
Up to (4) separate Awards are anticipated, approximate value of conference sponsorship: $500 each. Awards will be determined at the discretion of the review panel
*Note: The money allocation is subject to change, and will vary depending on the number of students applying for the scholarship. There may be more candidates awarded than indicated above.
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.