Construction Institute Scholarship
Academic Year 2020-2021
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS:
November 1st, 2021
FINAL DEADLINE EXTENSION: NOVEMBER 5th, MIDNIGHT
- Civil Engineering or Construction Management Major
- Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Full-Time Graduate Student at a Southern California college or university.
- Current ASCE Member. Please describe your involvement in ASCE in your application package.
- An unofficial transcript
- 2-5 minute video presentation. Please include a web-link to your video in your application package.
How has COVID, negatively and positively, affected the construction industry? This can relate to productivity, efficiency, etc.. How have engineers adapted to this change? Or provide methods as to how engineers can adapt to this change.
Anticipated Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- Video – 60%
- Grades – 15%
- ASCE Involvement – 15%
- On-Time Registration for History Heritage Student Scholarship Night - 10%
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be re-evaluated after the review panel is formed, with an emphasis on the Video. Candidates must submit a link to the video in their application.
The ASCE-OC Construction Institute Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student up to $1,000.
Awards will be determined at the discretion of the review panel.
Awards to be presented at the virtual ASCE-OC History and Heritage Night on November 18th, 2021.
For any questions, please contact Maryam Takla at: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.