Dana Kasdan, PE
Dana R. Kasdan was born in Bronx, New York. He currently resides in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Rhode Island and a Master degree in Theology from Biola University.
Mr. Kasdan has been retired since November 2012. His past employers include Manganaro, Martin & Lincoln, Richard P. Browne & Associates, Perini North River Associates, Van Dell & Associates, City of San Juan Capistrano and City of Tustin. His most gratifying position was being the Engineering Services Manager with the City of Tustin. His most significant career achievement was working on the construction of the Newport Avenue/SR55 NB Freeway Ramp Reconstruction and the Edinger Avenue Smart Street Widening Project in Tustin. His other significant career achievements include:
- Participated in the redevelopment of MCAS Tustin (Tustin Legacy) and managed the design/construction of initial roadway system built at the base (Valencia/Armstrong)
- Successfully obtained approximately $30 million in the Orange County Measure M Funding for various Tustin transportation projects
- Responsible for the annual implementation of a $75 million capital improvement program in Tustin
- Registered civil engineer in California (No. 30559)
- Registered traffic engineer in California (No. 1202)
His two wonderful sons, Benjamin and Steven are his most significant lifetime achievement. Benjamin graduated from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and is a practicing licensed architect. Steven graduated from the U. S. Naval Academy, University of California, Los Angeles and the University of Maryland, and is currently the first Lieutenant in the U.S. Marine Corps. His other significant professional office/positions held and organizations include:
- Past Chairman, Traffic Engineers Council of Orange County
- Past Chairman, Technical Advisory Committee of Transportation Corridor Agencies of Orange County
- Fellow, Institute of Transportation Engineers
- Member, APWA and ASCE
Mr. Kasdan is married to Jean and they have two sons and four grandchildren.