Orange County Branch Newsletter
Transportation & Development Institute
Call for Papers/Presentation for the 2013 Airfield and Highway Pavement Conference
The Transportation and Development Institute of ASCE
The 2013 Airfield and Highway Pavement Conference:
Sustainable and Efficient Pavements
June 9 - 12, 2013
Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown
Los Angeles, California USA
ABSTRACTS due July 15, 2012
The scientific and organizing committees invite you to submit an abstract to the 2013 T&DI Airfield and Highway Pavement Specialty Conference to be held in Los Angeles, California, June 9-12, 2013.
This conference will bring together transportation and development researchers, planners, designers, and contractors from around the world to discuss the ever-changing challenges to airfield and highway pavement performance and emerging technologies to address them. The theme of the conference is “Sustainable and Efficient Pavements.” The conference is focused on state-of–the-art and state-of-the-practice in the areas of sustainable, durable, efficient, and innovative pavements as well as pavement technology transfer and implementation. This allows us to share the recent developments in this field that keeps us all current with cutting-edge technological improvements.
For detailed instructions on how upload a session proposal, a paper or a presentation abstract, as well as conference submission/review process deadlines, please visit the conference website - http://www.pavementconference.org – or contact Andrea Baker at 703-295-6124 or [email protected].
Papers may be submitted on the following topics:
- Airfield and Highway Pavement Construction and Rehabilitation Techniques
- Flexible and Rigid Pavement Advanced Modeling and Design/Analysis Approaches
- Asphalt and Binder Material Characterizations and Testing
- New and Advanced Methods on Pavement Quality Control/Quality Assurance
- Pavement Sustainability and Life Cycle Assessment Method
- Pavement Monitoring and Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation
- Pavement Interlayer Systems
- Accelerated Testing and Instrumented Pavements
- Unbound Material Testing, Modeling, and In-situ Characterizations
- Pavement Management Systems
Case studies of interesting or unusual paving projects
Sponsorship and exhibit opportunities are available at the T&DI Airfield and Highway Pavement Conference. Please contact Sean Scully at 703-295-6154 or [email protected] for more information.
Please feel free to forward this Call for Abstracts to colleagues that may be interested in participating in the conference.
Imad Al-Qadi, PhD, PE Dist. M. ASCE (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) and
Scott Murrell, PE, M. ASCE (The Port Authority of NY & NJ)