Orange County Branch Newsletter
ASCE MLAB Govenment Affairs
The Metropolitan Los Angeles Branch of ASCE is hosting a revamped Engineers & Politics Seminar on Saturday, August 4th from 8 am - 3 pm at the Los Angeles Athletic Club in Downtown LA (431 West 7th Street, 90014). This one-day seminar is geared to motivate engineers to change the political environment. As experts on America's infrastructure including transportation, water and the environment, civil engineers must play an active role in the legislative process. The Seminar’s activities include:
• ASCE Vision 2025
• Securing Funding for Infrastructure
• Advocacy: Opportunities and Limitations
• Panel Discussion – Government Advocacy
• What can you do now?
The Panel Discussion on Government Advocacy is includes the following panelists:
• Councilmember Carl Blum, Temple City.
• Valerie Lynne Shaw, Commissioner, Board of Public Works, City of Los Angeles
• Garland Rose, P.E., F.ASCE – ASCE President-Elect Nominee.
• Randy Over, P.E., F.ASCE – ASCE President-Elect Nominee.
We invite you and your Orange County colleagues to join us for the entire day (breakfast and lunch will be served). With your support and participation, we know this award winning Seminar will continue to be a success.