Orange County Branch Newsletter
Introducing Our Alumni Program
By Mary Klaire Jamandre | 2022-2023 ASCE CSULB Secretary
California State University, Long Beach ASCE is currently launching an alumni program that allows past graduates to receive monthly email updates regarding current chapter events, what the chapter has planned throughout the year, and how alumni can contribute and be involved.
As a member of the alumni program, you will have access to amazing opportunities and resources throughout the year, some of which include:
- Invitations to CSULB ASCE Networking Events
- Invitations to CSULB ASCE Events (Dream Big, Technical Workshops, etc.)
- Invitations to Select CSULB ASCE Pacific Southwest Student Symposium Preparation Days (Concrete Canoe Pour Day, BBQ, Sink or Float Day, PSWS Showcase)
- Invitation to the First Annual Alumni vs. Student Kickball Game
- Invitation to the First Annual Golf with an Alumni Event
- End-of-the-Year Alumni Mixer Event
- Alumni Discount Rates to the End-of-the-Year Banquet
In addition to reuniting the Beach family, you can also purchase the Alumni Merchandise Package to represent the Beach and carry on the Beach legacy. This package can be purchased for only $65 and includes the following:
- CSULB College of Engineering Alumni Quarter Zip
- Long Beach Engineering T-Shirt
- CSULB College of Engineering Stainless Steel Mug
- CSULB College of Engineering Alumni Pint Glass
- ASCE CSULB Sticker
All funds collected from these Merchandise sales will be used to support the CSULB Technical Teams that will be competing in the Pacific Southwest Student Symposium. Once purchased, the packages will be distributed during our Alumni Mixer Event on Saturday, October 22nd at Heritage Park from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm. The address is 18600 Bloomfield Ave, Cerritos, CA 90703.
Order form here.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic separating the Beach family in many ways, this is the year ASCE CSULB would like to change that. We are excited to reconnect with you and can’t wait to see what we can accomplish together!
About the Author:
Mary Klaire Jamandre is a third-year Civil Engineering Student at California State University, Long Beach, and Secretary of their student chapter of ASCE for the 2022-2023 school year. Klaire plans to continue her career in Development Services after interning at the City of Santa Ana. Klaire can be contacted at email@example.com.