Graduate Student Scholarship
Academic Year 2018-2019
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS:
October 15th, 2018 Now Extended to October 22nd, 2018.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate degree program in the Civil Engineering Field.
- Attending CSUF, CSULB or UCI.
- Current ASCE Member.
- A recommendation letter from an ASCE Faculty Advisor is strongly preferred.
- A short essay of maximum 6000 characters (including blank spaces) is required. The essay submitted must cover the topic of: What the candidate appreciates the most about Civil Engineering, their aspirations as a Civil Engineer and any other information which the candidate feels is relevant or deserving of the Scholarship.
- College transcripts (or equivalent certified by the Faculty Advisor).
- A resume is encouraged to be submitted – all received resumes will be sent to local companies in relevant field.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- ASCE Involvement - 30%
- Grades - 15%
- Civil Engineering Activities (University & Professional) - 15%
- Essay - 20%
- Community Involvement/Volunteerism - 10%
- Leadership - 10%
- Faculty Advisor’s Recommendation Letter
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be assigned after the review panel is formed.The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria. Faculty Advisors are encouraged to prepare a brief recommendation for each applicant if they know them well enough to do so.
The ASCE Orange County Branch Graduate Student Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student and presented at the ASCE Orange County Branch History & Heritage / Student Night Dinner on November 15th, 2018. A short bio and photo will be required for awarded applicants.
The Award will be given in the following amount:* $1,000
*Note: The money allocation is subject to change, and will vary depending on the number of students applying for the scholarship. There may be more candidates awarded than indicated above.
For any questions, please contact Jeff Braun at: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.