Academic Year 2017/2018
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS has been extended to October 27, 2017.
- Civil Engineering Major with Geotechnical Focus
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior attending CSUF, CSULB or UCI
- Current ASCE Member.
- A recommendation letter from an ASCE Faculty Advisor is required.
- A short essay of maximum 6000 characters (including blank spaces) is required. The essay submitted must cover the topic of: Your Vision of Future of Geotechnical Engineering in California (or in general)
- Graphics are encouraged and not accounted toward the word limit.
Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
- ASCE Involvement
- Faculty Advisor’s Recommendation Letter
- Essay of your Geotechnical Vision
The candidates will be evaluated based on the above criteria in general. The percentage of each criterion may be assigned after the review panel is formed, with the emphasis on the Vision.
The ASCE Orange County Branch Geotechnical Award will be honored in the form of a check payable to the individual student and presented at the ASCE Orange County Branch History & Heritage / Student Night Dinner on November 16, 2017.
The Award will be given in the following amount:* Geotechnical Scholarship: $1,000
*Note: The money allocation is subject to change, and will vary depending on the budget approval of the Board of ASCE OC - GeoInstitute
Please contact ASCE OC-GeoInstitute with any questions: Clint Isa ASCE OC Branch GeoInstitute| e-mail: [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE YOU SHOULD GET A CONFIRMATION SCREEN AFTER YOU SUBMIT. IF YOU DO NOT GET IT, PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND POSSIBLY TRY A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
Fields marked with * are required.