ASCE Legislative Fly-In 2020 Application Now Open!
November 21, 2019
Are you an ASCE member interested in walking the halls of Capitol Hill and learning firsthand how policy is crafted?
Every spring, ASCE holds its Legislative Fly-In Program in Washington, D.C., an intensive two-day program that provides participants with an inside look at the public policy process. Attendees will have the opportunity to directly meet their Members of Congress or their staff at the U.S. Capitol. By meeting and making contacts with their elected officials, participants can achieve true conversations about issues important to the profession and become a trusted advisor when bills are drafted or considered.
See below for more information about the 2020 Legislative Fly-In, or click here to read last year's recap!
Missed out on our recent Legislative Fly-In 101 Workshop? Click here to download our presentation on tips and info regarding the program.
Please contact Government Relations Committee Chairs, Adeleine Tran and Patrick Tierney, at [email protected] with any questions.
2020 Legislative Fly-In
This year's event takes place on March 11–12, 2020 in Washington, D.C. The 2020 Legislative Fly-In is now accepting applications until November 21, 2019.
The Fly-in program includes:
- Meetings on The Hill with your Members of Congress or their staff
- Briefing sessions on key legislation active in Congress and ASCE's legislative priorities.
- Training on lobbying and influencing your elected leaders — including pre-event webinars
- Networking with your ASCE peers from across the country
- A Younger Member Program
- Tips on continuing relationships with your elected officials once you return home