OCEC Liaison Committee
The Orange County Engineering Council (OCEC) is an umbrella organization representing the engineering and related scientific societies and corporations in Orange County, California. It is a non-profit organization, supported entirely by voluntary contributions from scientific and engineering societies and corporations practicing in Orange County.
To enhance the public image of engineers and scientists and promote the interaction of professional societies and engineering/scientific corporations and universities in Orange County California.
The efforts of OCEC include but are not limited to the following:
- Honor the outstanding projects and achievements of engineers, related scientists, and their corporations in Orange County during the National Engineers Week in February.
- Organize a Leaders Night dinner for officers of the Orange County professional societies, technological corporations, and universities to promote networking and professionalism.
- Offer scholarships to outstanding educational institutions (K-University) through the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) program.
- Support the Future Scientists and Engineers of America (FSEA) and Mathematics, Engineering and Science Achievement (MESA) programs both at high school and university levels.
- Participate in the Orange County Science Fair and present awards to the outstanding student projects selected by the OCEC Board.
- Introduce prospective interns to the Orange County engineering and scientific corporations.
- Operate a website on the Internet and disseminate the OCEC information and programs to the membership (http://www.ocec.org). Publish the directory and profiles of the sponsoring professional societies and engineering/related scientific corporations on our web page.
OCEC does not compete with these organizations but rather provides a forum to develop synergy between them.
As a professional society operating in Orange County, OCEC welcomes the professional societies and corporations in Orange County to become members and to actively participate in the Board meetings and nominate worthy candidates and projects for suitable awards at the National Engineers Week awards banquet.
C. T. Bathala, PE
OCEC Liaison Committee Chair
- There are no related documents at this moment.