Employer: Griffith CompanyAddress
3050 E. Birch Street
Brea, CA 92821
Job Title: Superintendent
At Griffith Company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. We nurture that resource by fostering a work environment that encourages communication, respect and recognition. In this environment, Griffith Company employees flourish, taking their careers to new levels. In addition to offering a 115+ year history of quality, safety and excellence, Griffith Company has a dynamic, exciting and supportive culture where opportunity for growth abounds.
We are currently looking for an experienced heavy civil Superintendent to join our team. The person in this position will manage, schedule, and coordinate all company on-site activities, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Construct the project on time within budget.
- Review and approve construction methods and sequence of operations.
- Coordinate manpower and equipment utilization.
- Assist project manager in conducting effective pre-construction/pre-planning meetings.
- Understand the contractual scope of the work. Familiarity with plans and specifications.
- Direct and supervise foreman.
- Coordinate with Project Manager/Project Engineer/Estimator.
- Supervise and update the project schedule.
- Interact with the Owner's representatives, including attending weekly owner meetings.
- Coordinate subcontractor and district/division work. Understand inclusions and exclusions.
- Monitor job site safety compliance.
- Maintain union relations.
- Ensure timely project close out and punch list finalization.
- Review job costs and budget controls with project manager/foreman.
- Monitor processing of timesheet and extra work efficiency.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill And Ability
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must utilize effective management techniques to maximize project performance.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and standards, and their impact on project activities is vital.
- Superior organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Effective communication
- Leadership, coaching, and employee development
- Adaptability/change management
- Conflict resolution/problem solving
- Time management/multitasking
- Detail oriented
- Stress management
- Performance management
- Interpersonal awareness
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
- 8+ years’ experience with extensive knowledge of construction techniques.