Sr. Aviation Electrical Project Engineer
601 W. 5th Street, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Job Title: Sr. Aviation Electrical Project Engineer
The time is right to join HNTB! We are currently seeking a Senior Aviation Project Engineer -Electrical in our Los Angeles, CA office.
- Coordinate, manage and review the development of conceptual, preliminary and final electrical designs on a variety of projects to include, but not limited to power distribution systems, grounding, roadway lighting, and communication systems.
- Actively manage client's budget, schedule and program; HNTB budget and schedule; project communications and documentation.
- Prepare and manage staff hour estimates for project designs including concept reports, electrical design analysis reports and project scopes.
- Assist in the supervision, scheduling and checking of work of project team members and work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Perform field investigations and inspection and evaluate existing conditions on lighting and electrical systems, including communicating design requirements with contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Experience with coordination with agency design elements preferred, including LAWA, LADBS and LADWP
- Experience working on electrical projects (Power Distribution, Medium voltage, Emergency Generators etc.), Knowledge and understanding of the following: load requirements, electrical gear physical layout and electrical clearances; control schematics and wiring diagrams; Knowledge of relevant codes and including ANSI, IEE, NEC, NEMA, and NESC.
- Develop electrical design documents including: Plans, Technical Specifications and Estimates (PS&E) for improvement projects and for Transit, DOTs and aviation projects.
- Coordinate, manage and review various design calculations and reports and construction submittal reviews.
- Ability to communicated effectively (written and verbal)
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Aviation Experience Preferred.
- A/E/C Experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred.
- Design Build Experience is a plus.