Southern California District Sales Manager
601 W. 5th Street, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Job Title: Southern California District Sales Manager
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
HNTB is seeking a District Sales Manager for our Los Angeles CA office location to join a region poised for significant growth and opportunity, the district requires an accomplished sales leader with the drive and motivation to progress within the organization. The District Sales Leader will partner closely across the organization to drive and deliver on the district’s performance goals. In order to achieve these growth targets, this critical role will pro-actively and consistently champion the implementation of HNTB’s Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA) by all office staff, including client service leaders, client service team (CST) members, department managers and project managers to achieve the office sales goal and meet the marketing budget. The sales manager will coordinate and preside over office sales meetings and monitor and analyze sales and budget performance on a monthly basis and initiate corrective actions as required to meet goals. The sales manager will act as liaison between the office and the division sales officer on all matters related to sales and budget.
- Acts as a trusted adviser to the District Leader, serving as part of the leadership team and contributing beyond sales focus.
- Provides leadership and takes ownership for the total sales process for the district under the general direction of the District Leader.
- Accountable for sales goals and performance, leads and fees, district win/loss, sales database, and client strategic assessments. Participates in client audits.
- Work with the District Leader and office business manager to develop sales and marketing budget component of annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Identify potential challenges in meeting annual sales and budget goals and initiate actions as required to meet goals and performance standards.
- Serve as a resource for client service leaders, department heads, project managers and others in the office seeking assistance with client relationships and specific pursuits.
- Supports strategy development for project pursuits across the District.
- Fosters effective teaming relationships at local and regional levels.
- Actively engage in client service team (CST) meetings to develop and ensure execution of sales strategies.
- Meet regularly with client service leaders, department heads and project managers to review implementation of client service plans and relationship plans.
- Facilitate the development of client lifecycle plans and external relationship plans.
- Supports District Leader in developing and overseeing a government relations program.
- Conduct regularly scheduled sales meetings with client service leaders, department managers, and project managers to review newly identified opportunities.
- Participate in all preliminary and final go/no-go assessments. Make recommendations to the district leader.
- Monitor the development and execution of pursuit win plans.
- Coordinate mega project war rooms with division sales officer and division marketing director.
- Participate in war rooms for mega projects and other strategic projects.
- Assist pursuit champion and pursuit team as needed with execution of win plan.
- Advise on inclusion of firm wide resources in win planning.
- Communicate progress of win plan activities to office leader.
- Participate in proposal/presentation kickoff meetings to ensure that the right resources and plan is in place.
- Monitor schedule and response progress through communication with division marketing office. Alert office leader if action is needed to better focus resources on response.
- Participate in response preparation as required.
- Attend and advise at rehearsals according to presentation rehearsal guidelines.
- Participate as needed in client audits
- Conduct and/or participate in AAR to identify opportunities for improvement related to sales performance. Share results from AAR to improve future operational performance.
- Coach and mentor staff on the understanding and use of the SSA and to develop and improve skills.
- Demonstrates a true passion for sales
- Success oriented – willing to give extra effort and initiative
- Personal Accountability - owns the pursuits and is focused on results
- Collaborative - engages others with the purpose of getting the best outcome and developing others.
- Listens well - is open to others input and suggestions
- Has a strong interest in becoming the District Leader
- Engineering or Planning degree strongly preferred.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred – preference is a degree in engineering, planning, architecture, urban design or related field
- Professional registration a preferred
- Minimum 12 years related experience in the AEC industry with demonstrated sales and client development success