Senior Transportation Engineer
Employer: T.Y. Lin InternationalAddress
3633 East Inland Empire Boulevard, Suite 900
Ontario, CA 91764
Job Title: Senior Transportation Engineer
The Senior Transportation Engineer position requires the ability to lead the completion of roadway and highway design and the ability to supervise and mentor mid-level and junior engineers. The engineering duties are comprehensive, and include planning and scheduling of engineering work, client management, overseeing the performance of advanced design, directing and planning the work of staff, and being responsible for the delivery of contract plans, specifications and bid estimates.
- Project and client management on transportation-related projects.
- Develop production work plans, schedules and budgets.
- Work with other project managers and Unit management to establish contract budgets and scopes of work.
- Lead roadway project team in analysis and design. Oversee performance of complex design.
- Ensure proper codes and standards are being used on projects.
- Supervise, coordinate and review the work of other engineers and designers.
- Provide the design staff with guidance and assistance on projects.
- Responsible for the successful completion of projects under his/her direction.
- Perform a significant role in marketing of roadway and highway design services.
Requires BSCE degree with emphasis in roadway design. California P.E. license required and 8+ years of roadway design experience. Experience in project management required. Successful experience managing roadway design projects and design teams. Requires advanced knowledge of roadway design and analysis software. Ability to prepare comprehensive engineering reports. Experience with Caltrans procedures required.