Senior Civil Engineer - Forsgren Associates, Inc.
Employer: Forsgren Associates, Inc.Address
3110 Gold Canal Dr.
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer / Sacramento
Every now and again an opportunity comes along that is not just another “position”, but a career-defining move. You have a few years of experience...and you’re a Professional Engineer. You’ve been working hard to help the investors in your company make a reasonable return, or…you’ve been working hard to help someone else build their practice.
Now, you’d like to build something for yourself.
We can help with that. We’re looking for a talented engineer with good business sense and an entrepreneurial spirit to step into a role that is primed for success. Our Sacramento practice is growing, with a steadily increasing client base and backlog of work. Our reputation is solid – built over 60 years of working in the western U.S., including 30 years in the Sacramento region. We have a technical backstop of 100 engineers, scientists, and technicians. We have a wide ownership base, and proven ownership transition process (60 years!). We encourage ownership, and will help you develop the skills and experience needed to get there.
Are you ready to take that step?
As our newest Engineer, you’ll be integrated into our various water, wastewater, civil, and environmental programs, phasing into the leadership of these programs as you grow. Your work will be primarily in northern California, but you’ll have opportunities to work on other projects around the company according to your interests, and the relationships you build. You’ll initially tackle projects we have in hand, working with our team to see them through to completion. You’ll work with our team to strengthen existing relationships, and build new ones. You’ll support business development efforts, and in time, lead those efforts. You’ll become an integral part of a tight-knit team, help to grow that team, and in time, lead that team.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for someone who can step in and seamlessly work with our existing team to:
- Prepare engineering drawings, specifications, and contract documents.
- Support clients with services during bidding, contracting, and construction.
- Perform and/or lead construction observation and management.
- Coordinate with clients and regulatory agencies for permitting and compliance.
- Develop and manage project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Communicate effectively with client, project team, and subs to deliver successful projects.
- Strengthen existing client relationships with technical and business solutions that integrate innovative approaches, value, and risk management.
- Support business development by working with team to meet with clients, identify and evaluate opportunities, and prepare proposals. Grow into integral part of business development program.
- Grow into, then serve as technical lead through the lifecycle of our projects.
- Support, and eventually lead development and implementation of business plans to help achieve office and corporate objectives.
- Provide technical guidance and quality control, ensure sound engineering practices, ensure proper allocation of manpower and timely performance on projects.
We’re also looking for someone with the following Qualities:
- Great Attitude! ...and can maintain it under pressure.
- Strong Aptitude for (and interest in) learning - about our work, our business, and our clients.
- Passion for solving problems, and engineering solutions.
- Detail – and quality-oriented. Believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right!
- Responsible – follows through on actions, meets deadlines, and communicates progress.
- Team player – comfortable coordinating with team to ensure project needs are met.
- Excellent communicator – knows what, when and how to communicate.
- Entrepreneurial – recognizes good ideas and opportunities, and pursues them.
And finally, we’re looking for someone with the following Qualifications:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering (or related field),
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in California, and
- 5-15 years of civil engineering experience.
Forsgren Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned, multi-discipline consulting firm. We provide planning, permitting, engineering, project management, and construction management services for municipalities, special districts, utilities, federal agencies, NGOs, and private companies throughout the West. We are a tight knit team of 100 engineers, scientists, and technicians, working collaboratively across 10 offices. Since 1962, we’ve promoted sustainable development by helping to improve civil infrastructure, while ensuring that the environment is protected, and restored. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as the additional benefits of being an employee-owned company and sharing in the company’s success. We respect the personal needs of our employees, and actively promote a healthy work / life balance.
Learn more at www.forsgren.com
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit a letter of introduction and resume to [email protected], and reference the Job Title in the subject line.
Title: Senior Civil Engineer / Sacramento
Location: Sacramento, CA
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
This position is subject to close at any time. Forsgren is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Forsgren Associates will not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers.