Project Engineer (Structural)
Employer: SGE Consulting Structural EngineersAddress
2081 Business Center Drive, Suite 105
Irvine, CA 92612
Job Title: Project Engineer (Structural)
Passionate about structural engineering? Interested in working on a design from start to finish, and then seeing it built? Looking for challenging projects, professional development, and a clear career path? Want to make major contributions in a team of experienced engineers and get recognized for it?
Then join us at SGE Consulting Structural Engineers!
We are inviting dedicated, hard-working engineers to join our growing firm. A successful candidate will become an integral contributing member of our tight-knit engineering team, working on small to multi-million dollar projects.
Our focus on engineering quality for our projects and clients starts with our engineers, whose hard work is both rewarding and rewarded. We are proud to offer a dynamic, fun, and productive work environment, as well as competitive salaries, bonuses, and healthcare benefits.
- Gathering, researching, and organizing project design criteria and parameters
- Conducting foundation and anchorage design using custom in-house structural analysis software
- Developing finite element analysis and beam on elastic foundation models
- Working with IBC, ASCE 7, ACI and other codes
- Drafting and detailing based on analysis and design results
- Preparing engineering calculations (by hand and computer-assisted)
- Preparing submittal package for client and permitting review
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering (with structural emphasis). Master's degree a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Effective time management skills
- Effective teamwork skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Familiarity with structural engineering/analysis software (AutoCAD, Enercalc, FEA, etc.) preferred
- Working knowledge of structural design (particularly concrete and steel design) a plus
- Experience with Apple Mac platform a plus