Plan Check Engineer - Irvine
Employer: Cannon CorpAddress
16842 Von Karman Ave
Irvine, CA 92606
Job Title: Plan Check Engineer - Irvine
CANNON IS NO ORDINARY CONSULTING FIRM.
WE HAVE AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR A PLAN CHECK ENGINEER!
COME BE PART OF AN ESTABLISHED & GROWING FIRM!
CANNON’S CULTURE provides exciting opportunities for professional growth and outlets for team building. We strive to provide opportunity for personal growth and a balance between personal and professional life. Not only do we work together, but we also enjoy spending time together outside of work. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
FOR 43 YEARS, we have provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. With offices throughout California, we continue to grow!
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING a PLAN CHECK ENGINEER for our IRVINE office. Located in Orange County, Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is one of the top bicycling cities in America with close to 300 miles of on-road bicycle lanes and 45 miles of mountain bike trails. It’s one of the safest communities in America and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS INCLUDE Wastewater Treatment Facilities * Collection Facilities * Water Distribution Systems * Water Treatment Plants * Storm Drainage Collection Systems and Facilities * Water Main Replacements * Potable Water Pump Stations and Reservoirs.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE examining plans of commercial, industrial and single and multi-family projects to determine conformance with California State and/or County (LA, OC, RIV, and SB Counties) and City codes and ordinances. Performing professional duties involving the review and checking of improvement plans, including but not limited to, site grading, street, storm drain, sewer, water, erosion control and reports, including but not limited to, Hydrology and Hydraulics, WQMP, LID, SWPPP, etc. For a detailed description on job duties, visit www.CannonCorp.us and click on “Careers”.
WE PROVIDE competitive salaries, relocation assistance, an excellent benefits package, and an active and positive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit your resume and cover letter on-line at the “Careers” section at www.CannonCorp.us. EOE/AA
Or click on this link to apply – https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CANNON&cws=1&rid=367
- Possession of a license to practice as a Registered Civil Engineer in the State of California.
- Requires a minimum of 5-years’ experience as a plan checker reviewing plans and reports for development projects or capital improvement projects.
- Candidate must be familiar with computer operation (MS Office). It is highly desirable that the individual have knowledge of computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Maintains a high level of understanding of departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes and policies, guidelines and standards.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates initiative and exercises good judgment in the performance of duties.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Professional appearance and interaction.