Employer: TranSystems CorporationAddress
6 Hutton Centre Drive, Suite 800
Santa Ana, CA 92707
Job Title: Office/Project Administrator
For more than 50 years, TranSystems has provided engineering and architectural planning, design and construction solutions to enhance the movement of goods and people across today’s integrated transportation infrastructure. Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., its professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the U.S. perform a broad range of services to all sectors of the transportation and federal marketplaces. Services are delivered throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to construction to long-term operations, maintenance and rehabilitation.
TranSystems’ Santa Ana office seeks a detail oriented office/project administrator with strong problem solving and math skills. This person must have excellent writing skills, communication skills, and be a self-starter, as well as the ability to multi-task several different responsibilities. An individual who works well under pressure in a fast-paced team- environment and knows how to prioritize as well as understands when to involve management with issues is desirable for this position.
Essential Duties & Primary Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists the RBOM with communicating and carrying out the mission and objectives of the firm and executing the company’s Strategic Plan and budgeted operational plans within the offices assigned to respective Area.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Project
- Ability to handle multiple projects and receptive to change
- Provides day-to-day support of the administrative tasks.
- Process AP and assist staff with expense reports;
- Assist in scheduling meetings, including planning for meals;
- Answer phones.
- Review office procedures and provide recommendations to improve project and office efficiency and performance.
- Maintains evaluation of vendor services and the quality of items purchased.
- Provide day to day project support including:
- Set up new opportunities and projects in Vision, CostPoint, PPM, and Contract Budget Forecast and gain appropriate authorization and approvals
- Set up new projects, supplements, adjust budgets, update end dates, complete modification requests and track approval status through final validation
- Review contract documents for billing terms and conditions
- Prepare subconsultant agreements, review unpaid sub reports and assist PMs with monitoring budgets
- Review pre-bills, prepare and process client invoices that are compliant with contract terms and client specific needs and ensure they are properly entered into the accounting system
- Track monthly unbilled amounts to ensure all projects are reviewed, billed and processed timely, and assess potential revenue adjustments.
- Timely update of project tracking spreadsheets, which should include sub status, BTD, Payments, etc.
- Prevailing wage review and reporting in accordance with contract as required
- Filing, copying and pulling invoice backup
- Assist PM with collection efforts and documentation.
- Monitors accounts receivable, holds, utilization and write-offs. Works with Project Managers, TL’s and Client Managers to determine appropriate plan to ensure accounts receivables are paid in a timely manner.
- Weekly distribution of project cost reports with target highlights to PMs/TLs and RBOM.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one that is subject to U.S. law.
Basic Qualification (Education and/or Experience):
5 years plus of experience in an administrative role. 5 years plus of experience in an accounting role specifically accounts payable and accounts receivable functions. Proficient use of MS Office products.
- Associates degree or higher.
- Familiar with Deltek (Vision & CostPoint)
- Project accounting experience with an engineering or construction company
- Understanding of prevailing wage and the related reporting requirements