Mid-Level Environmental Engineer – Irvine, CA
Employer: Tetra TechAddress
18200 Von Karman Ave., Ste. 100
Irvine, CA 92612
Job Title: Mid-Level Environmental Engineer – Irvine, CA
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech Inc. is seeking a Mid-level Environmental Engineer with outstanding technical capabilities who can help us advance our practices. Our project base includes complex site investigations, often coupled with the application of innovative site remediation technologies and human health and ecological risk assessment approaches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designing and overseeing site investigation, contamination assessment, hydrogeologic investigation, and aquifer performance testing programs, including chemical and hydrogeological data evaluation and mapping, data visualization, regulatory agency interactions, and reporting
- Evaluating, designing, and implementing a variety of site cleanup remedies. Scoping and delivering a variety of project assignments, including responsibility for resource allocation and budget and schedule management
- Managing tasks and small to medium-sized projects
- Interfacing with clients, including the development of new business opportunities and participation in business development functions
The selected individual will report to senior personnel, but will be expected to be able to work largely independently, while following Tetra Tech’s risk and quality management policies. At times, the selected individual may delegate assignments to junior personnel and be responsible for overseeing completion of tasks within budgetary, schedule, and other internal and external constraints.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in environmental engineering with seven to ten years of directly relevant work experience
- A Master’s degree in environmental engineering with a focus on remediation is strongly preferred, as is professional licensure in California
- Familiarity with technical requirements for site remediation in California is desirable
- This position requires successful completion of 40 hours of OSHA health and safety training for working with potentially contaminated materials (provided, as needed), annual 8-hour refresher courses, first aid training (every three years), CPR training (every year), and annual medical monitoring
- The ability and willingness to perform fieldwork and travel are also required
Tetra Tech strives to hire and retain the best and brightest candidates available in the marketplace. To be selected for this position, the candidate must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills allowing positive internal, client, and contractor relationships.
Excellent technical writing skills for environmental consulting applications are required as are outstanding engineering/scientific problem-solving abilities. The selected candidate will demonstrate passion for the business of environmental consulting, technical excellence and quality, leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with the Firm.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions