General Engineer (Civil) (Yuba, CA)
Employer: Air Force Civilian ServiceAddress
9th Civil Engineering Squadron, 6425 B Street
Beale AFB, CA 95903
Job Title: General Engineer (Civil) (Yuba, CA)
Come be a part of something big! Smart Minds, Cool Jobs and Awesome Rewards!
The Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) is recruiting for a General Engineer (Civil Engineer), GS-0801-12 at Beale AFB, CA
Perform building facility management functions in support of the Common Mission Control Center weapons system. The General Engineer (Facility Infrastructure Manager) will be responsible for all Civil Engineering facility program management and telecommunications installation, bed down, or repair issues impacting current and future operations for the 427th Reconnaissance Squadron and other subordinate organizations.
- Performs Operations & Maintenance (O&M) engineering involving design and construction that encompasses the maintenance, repair, upgrade, and operation of infrastructure facilities, including utility systems.
- Plans, programs, budgets, and executes required projects in support of assigned programs. Uses cost estimating tools to produce government estimates, program projects, and compete for funding in Air Force corporate processes.
- Performs planning and design work for substantial multi-phase new construction, renovations, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering.
- Manages projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities and maintains surveillance over construction contractors. Provides consulting services and project coordination.
- Collects data and evaluates factors which affect the application of concepts, principles, theories, and methods required to observe, examine, measure, analyze, map. Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures.
- U.S. Citizenship is Required
- A minimum of two years of documented full time experience in Civil Engineering and/or Construction is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an ABET accredited institution. Must include (1) differential and integral calculus in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) comparable areas; e.g., optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance
- Work may occasionally require travel away from the normal duty station on military and commercial aircraft.
- An appropriate valid driver's license may is required for the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional knowledge of civil, mechanical and electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices and familiarity with architectural and other engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of a broad range of engineering and construction standards, methods, practices, and techniques, materials, and equipment to determine compliance with federal, state, and local codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of automated data processing concepts, systems capabilities, and economic usage to effectively accomplish assigned functions; and knowledge of program planning and budgeting cycles, financial control and budget systems and management.
- Knowledge of aesthetic and functional design techniques and skill in preparing project documentation, to include preliminary drawings, sketches, and construction drawings; and technique / skill in drafting sufficient to convey design concepts and ideas and formulate working drawings.
- Ability to plan, conduct and record site/facilities surveys and inspection; to analyze, interpret, and apply results, rules, regulations, and procedures in a variety of situations and recommend timely and economical solutions.
- Ability to plan and organize work and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and architects; and communicate effectively both orally and in writing and maintain good working relationships.
Applications must reflect the required knowledge and experience in the engineering field to be considered as qualified:
- Contact Person: Michael Reese
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/1877470958/?pathWildcard=1877470958&trk=job_capjs