Design Engineer (Gas Utilities)
Employer: Cordoba CorporationAddress
1611 East 17th Street
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Job Title: Design Engineer (Gas Utilities)
CORDOBA CORPORATION is a civil engineering, construction management, program management, and planning firm specializing in education and facilities, transportation, and water and energy. Cordoba is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in San Francisco, Santa Ana, and San Diego, California.
The Los Angeles Business Journal has ranked Cordoba as one of the fastest growing companies in Los Angeles. Cordoba has consistently been recognized by Hispanic Business Magazine to be among the 200 largest firms in the United States. Cordoba's business model has been commended for its efficiency, speed, and for its multifaceted approach toward projects.
Under direct supervision, performs hands-on design and engineering of gas related facilities.
- Plans designs for long-term gas and pipeline systems
- Runs hydraulic simulation models of the company’s pipeline system
- Conducts natural gas dehydration
- Prepares mechanical and structural designs
- Develops and communicates environmental solutions
- Understands pipeline safety and construction management
- Applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering design of gas facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering
- One-year experience in AutoCAD drafting, utility pipelines or project management support or related areas.
- Must have conceptual and analytical abilities to design, plan and perform Pipeline Planner activities.
- Customer service experience, high standards, persuasiveness, negotiation skills and being proactive in solving problems is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary to successfully manage all aspects of project requirements.