Civil Principal Engineer (Project Manager in Public Works) - Irvine
Employer: Cannon CorpAddress
16842 Von Karman Ave
Irvine, CA 92606
Job Title: Civil Principal Engineer (Project Manager in Public Works) - Irvine
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING a CIVIL PRINCIPAL ENGINEER (PROJECT MANAGER IN PUBLIC WORKS) for our IRVINE office. Located in Orange County, Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is one of the top bicycling cities in America with close to 300 miles of on-road bicycle lanes and 45 miles of mountain bike trails. It’s one of the safest communities in America and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS INCLUDE Wastewater Treatment Facilities * Collection Facilities * Water Distribution Systems * Water Treatment Plants * Storm Drainage Collection Systems and Facilities * Water Main Replacements * Potable Water Pump Stations and Reservoirs.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, project management, mentoring talented staff, preparing engineering reports and analyses, design and preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of clients and great Public Works projects. In this role, the Project Manager may also be responsible for obtaining new business (seller-doer). For a detailed description on job duties, visit www.CannonCorp.us and click on “Careers”.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited college.
- Requires 10 years’ experience in civil engineering specifically pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Requires minimum 2 years of project management experience pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Requires a California P.E. license.
- Proven expertise in design.
- Proficient with code principles and able to convey them to others.
- Experience in management of client relationships. Working knowledge of typical computer software programs used for civil engineering design (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Hydrology and Hydraulic, AES, WSPG, Flowmaster, etc.)
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite.
- A proven track record and strong desire of providing strong client service and delivery.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time and within budget.
- Experience in staff management, mentoring and resource management a plus.
- Experience participating in business development process is a plus.
- Participates in professional and/or technical organizations a plus.