Civil Principal Engineer - Project Manager for Land Development
Employer: Cannon CorpAddress
16842 Von Karman Ave
Irvine, CA 92606
Job Title: Civil Principal Engineer - Project Manager for Land Development
CANNON IS NO ORDINARY CONSULTING FIRM.
WE HAVE AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR A CIVIL PRINCIPAL PROJECT MANAGER
TO EXPAND OUR PRESENCE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
COME BE PART OF AN ESTABLISHED & GROWING FIRM!
CANNON’S CULTURE provides exciting opportunities for professional growth and outlets for team building. We strive to provide opportunity for personal growth and a balance between personal and professional life. Not only do we work together, but we also enjoy spending time together outside of work. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
FOR 43 YEARS, we have provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. With offices throughout California, we continue to grow!
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING a CIVIL PRINCIPAL PROJECT MANAGER FOR LAND DEVELOPMENT in our IRVINE office. Located in Orange County, Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is one of the top bicycling cities in America with close to 300 miles of on-road bicycle lanes and 45 miles of mountain bike trails. It’s one of the safest communities in America and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS INCLUDE Commercial * Residential * Mixed-Use Development.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE project management, budgeting oversight, mentoring and leading less-experienced team members, preparing engineering reports and analyses, design and preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of clients and great projects (residential / commercial and mixed use development) for land development projects in Southern California. For a detailed description on job duties, visit www.CannonCorp.us and click on “Careers”.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering from an accredited college.
- Requires 10+ years’ experience in civil engineering specifically pertaining to land development projects.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience supervising and successfully managing projects within the constraints of scope, schedule, budget, and performance requirements, providing technical oversight for projects and all related project phases and tasks, to include quality assurance reviews.
- Requires a California P.E. license.
- Proven expertise in land development design.
- Experience reviewing and managing employees’ performance and mentoring direct reports.
- Proven experience in processing improvement plans with jurisdictional agencies in Southern California.
- Highly proficient with code principles and able to convey them to others.
- Experience in management of client relationships.
- Experience in hydrologic / hydraulic analyses a plus.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs used for civil engineering design (AutoCAD, Civil3D, AES, WSPG, Flowmaster, etc.).