Director of Engineering/Design Manager - Utilities
Employer: Cordoba CorporationAddress
1611 East 17th Street
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Job Title: Director of Engineering/Design Manager - Utilities
CORDOBA CORPORATION is a civil engineering, construction management, program management, and planning firm specializing in education and facilities, transportation, and water and energy. Cordoba is headquartered in Los Angeles, with offices in San Francisco, Santa Ana, and San Diego, California.
The Los Angeles Business Journal has ranked Cordoba as one of the fastest growing companies in Los Angeles. Cordoba has consistently been recognized by Hispanic Business Magazine to be among the 200 largest firms in the United States. Cordoba's business model has been commended for its efficiency, speed, and for its multifaceted approach toward projects.
The Director of Engineering/Design Manager for the energy provides technical leadership and directs the activities of engineering and design workers for the gas or electrical utility projects and programs assuring that services provided are adequate, safe, and reliable.
- Directs engineering personnel in formulating plans, designs, cost estimates, and specifications for construction of electrical or gas facilities, transmissions or pipelines
- Reviews designs for neatness and accuracy
- Applies utility knowledge to coordinate work of engineers engaged in solving problems related to pipelines, utility facilities, pole reloading and replacement
- Work with internal/external personnel to ensure project status meets deadlines
- Provides standards and guides for diverse engineering activities
- Adheres to customer requirements, specifications, and codes
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical, mechanical or related field required
- P.E. license in the State of California
- 15 plus years of experience including minimum of 5 leading utility design teams
- Strong knowledge of utility standards and manuals
- Understanding of electrical power requirements for gas and electric facilities and interface with utilities
- Ability to interact successfully and communicate effectively