Capital Facilities Senior Engineer
Employer: Vallecitos Water DistrictAddress
201 Vallecitos de Oro
San Marcos, CA 92069
Job Title: Capital Facilities Senior Engineer
The Position – Capital Facilities Senior Engineer
- Responsible for overall management of capital facilities planning, design, construction, and mapping activities;
- Supervises staff in capital projects and geographical information systems; plans, schedules, and evaluates the work of assigned staff; monitors workload, output, and efficiency; provides training and development;
- Implements provisions of the Master Plan; manages and administers capital improvement projects, including those designed by outside consultants;
- Administers contracts for the design and construction of capital improvement projects; prepares cost estimates, projects schedules, legal descriptions, and plat maps;
- Meets with property owners, developers, contractors, and engineers to review District policy, procedures, and projects;
- Evaluates compliance with laws, ordinances, and engineering standards; recommends corrections or improvements;
- Assists in the development of policy, procedure, and department budget;Upcoming Projects: New 42” Interceptor Sewer Construction, Sewer Lift Station and Forcemain Design, New Sodium Hypochlorite System Design, Water & Sewer Pipeline Assessment Projects.
A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities include:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in civil, environmental, or a related engineering field, and; four years of professional engineering experience in the design, construction, maintenance, or operation of water distribution facilities and/or wastewater collection, treatment, and reclamation facilities. At least one year in a lead role is preferred. Experience in a construction management role highly preferred. Possession of a current and valid California Professional Engineer’s license is required.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate is a strong leader with initiative, communicating effectively with others, and demonstrating strong organizational skills. As a working supervisor, the Capital Facilities Senior Engineer should have knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices, and techniques. Experience with planning, designing, construction, and operation of water supply and wastewater collection and reclamation systems/facilities is preferred. The ideal Capital Facilities Senior Engineer must establish and maintain effective relationships with the Board of Directors, employees, contractors, developers, and others contacted in the course of the work. The successful candidate prepares clear and concise reports and correspondence; and presents complex information to a variety of stakeholders in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have the knowledge and ability to successfully supervise employees, including professional development, delegation, discipline, and motivation. Demonstrated leadership and team-building qualities are desired. This person is expected to plan, organize, supervise, review, and evaluate the work of entry-level and experienced staff. The Capital Facilities Senior Engineer will consider future needs of the department, and professionally develop employees to meet those goals. The incumbent is expected to delegate effectively; prioritize department projects and tasks; and ensure assignments are completed efficiently
- Contact Person: Bridget Anderson
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: http://www.vwd.org/departments/human-resources/current-job-openings