Associate Geotechnical Engineer
Employer: Group Delta Consultants, Inc.Address
32 Mauchly Suite B
Irvine, CA 92618
Job Title: Associate Geotechnical Engineer
Who are we?
Group Delta is a geotechnical engineering and environmental consulting firm who works on large projects and has an exciting backlog including design-build, educational facilities, ports, rail, roadways, and more. We provide exceptionally innovative and dependable geotechnical consulting, environmental consulting, and construction management testing services for public and private sector clients throughout Southern California.
If you are gritty, passionate and intrepid, we may have the perfect career opportunity for you! We are looking for an Associate Engineer with at least 15 years’ experience for our Irvine office.
What you’ll do:
- Project planning and management, complete geotechnical investigations and analyses, development of recommendations, report preparation, consultation during construction, coordination of construction monitoring, and data analysis.
- Prepare investigation and design level reports for a variety of projects including educational facilities, residential developments, infrastructure improvements, bridges, highways, and commercial sites.
- Manage investigations which includes: developing project schedule, plan staffing needs for projects, technical analyses, report preparation and project financial management.
- Participate in business development efforts which include: meeting with clients, responding & requests for proposals
- Work closely with other project engineers and geologists. Supervise field staff and mentor staff.
- Be part of and enhance Group Delta’s geotechnical department reputation
- Other related duties and responsibilities, as required
What to bring:
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in geotechnical engineering
- California PE license required, GE license a plus
- Must have at least 15 years’ experience in conducting all phases of geotechnical investigations, including field, office analyses and report preparation
- Knowledge of preparing Foundation Reports in accordance with Caltrans requirements
- Experience in geotechnical analyses methods including development of shallow and deep foundation design recommendations, liquefaction analysis, slope stability analysis, ground improvement, wall design, pavement design, seismic site response, grading/earthwork and soils testing
- Experience using software such as gINT, LPILE, SLIDE, SNAILZ, SLOPE/W, etc.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
The right candidate will exhibit a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, competently communicate in both verbal and written form, solve complex solutions while thinking on one’s feet and perform business development tasks, when needed. Group Delta offers a working environment where everyone has some level of project ownership with the expectation that each person performs at a very high level. We are a close-knit company that fosters a team-orientated, hardworking and very fun environment to achieve the right work-life balance.
What we offer:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation/sick/holiday
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- And much more!
We pride ourselves for giving opportunities to grow and enhance our employee’s careers. We believe in offering the best compensation and benefits package and a great workplace environment. Learn more about us at www.groupdelta.com.
We are a drug-free workplace and conduct drug, background checks and assessment testing in our recruiting/hiring process. Group Delta Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.