Associate Engineer - Rigsbee Engineering Inc.
Employer: Rigsbee Engineering Inc.Address
14771 PLAZA DR, Suite J
Tustin, CA 92780
Job Title: Associate Engineer
Rigsbee Engineering is growing rapidly and looking for a full-time associate engineer to join our team. Founded in 2016, Rigsbee Engineering is a fire protection and structural engineering consulting firm based in Orange County, CA that specializes in fire and building code compliance, systems design, and forensic services. Working at our firm provides a unique opportunity to work on a large range of projects both in the office and on site. You should expect to go on site visits for new construction as well as investigation scenes post fire.
Position in our Tustin, CA office.
- Perform entry-level engineering tasks such as strucutral design, site visits, life safety code consulting, sprinkler design, fire alarm design, performance-based fire engineering design, under the direction of a P.E.
- Develops plans, specifications, and inspection reports as needed on assigned tasks to see that these items are complete, accurate and in accordance with good professional service practice standards.
- Assist in the resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigations or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Identify applicable codes and standards to reference in evaluating how to respond to inquiries.
- CAD document preparation/production
- Conduct and document assigned work such as basic building code analyses, egress analyses, fire detection and alarm systems reviews, smoke control systems reviews, and basic sprinkler and water supply systems reviews, including hydraulic calculations.
- Apply engineering calculations such as size required, means of egress, maximum allowable building area, sprinkler system water supplies and smoke control equipment.
- Track hours and submit progress reports to Project Leaders.
- Effectively communicate with project team members, clients and others.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Responsible self-starter with problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously while keeping to deadlines.
- Health care, Dental
- Flexible schedule
- significant on target earnings bonus structure
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering or higher
- 0-2 years of experience in engineering
- Engineer in Training
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles or construction technology and practices.