Andrew Pham, PE, City of Irvine
- Young Engineer of the Year
- Nominated Categories
- Other Categories
City of Irvine Public Works Recognition of Excellence Coin, May 2009
ASCE OC YMF Vice President’s Award, December 2008
Consulting Engineers and Land Surveyors of California Scholarship Recipient, May 2006
National Honor Roll by Key Club International, May 2006
- Additional Files
- Additional Information
- Andrew Pham, PE, City of Irvine
- ASCE Member?:
City of Irvine,
One Civic Center Plaza, Irvine, CA 92606
B.S. Civil Engineering, UC Irvine, June 2006
Masters in Public Administration, Cal State Long Beach, May 2012
Civil engineering documents for the development Commercial developments such as Winco in Victorville and CarMax in Costa Mesa.
Civil engineering documents for the development of residential and commercial projects in the City of Irvine in Planning Area 6, 9, 18, 36, and 40.
Master hydrology calculations for the Orange County Great Park development.
Civil engineering documents for the development of the Orange County Great Park in Irvine.
Andrew is a well rounded Civil Engineer with great technical skills and interpersonal skills who always goes above and beyond. He has been an important member of ASCE OC YMF and has helped develop and advance the group. During Andrew’s Presidency he frequently ensured there was always recognition for all the little things that board members did for one another. He implemented what may seem like just a fun idea of the “Gold Stars” at YMF board meetings. However the gold stars were Andrew’s small way of recognizing each member’s contribution. Andrew reminded the board to remember the contributions that they make and has inspired them to continue on after his presidency to ensure their colleagues are recognized.
- Contribution to the Profession:
• PSBC Committee Volunteer Chair (2011-2012): Helped coordinate the volunteers for the Annual Popsicle Bridge Competition with the local high schools. Helped coordinate venue location and reservations.
• OC YMF Past President (2011-2012): Assisted president with reports and transitioned document and other information to incoming president, provides guidance for officers and updated bylaws for group.
• WRYMC Committee (2010–2011): Assist the Chair in planning the 2011 WRYMC Conference held in Costa Mesa. Coordinated transportation and hotel accommodations for the WRYMC attendees. Planned the Banquet at Orange Hill restaurant.
• OC YMF President (2010-2011): attended and represented YMF at branch meetings, coordinated board meetings, made sure officers and committee chairs had needed resources to complete their tasks and events, section meetings and other branch events.
• OC YMF Vice President (2009-2010): Assisted the president with planning board meetings and preparing the budget for the year. Assisted the president with committee tasked and ran board meetings in her absence.
• OC YMF Activities Chair (2006-2009): Planned and hosted numerous events including but not limited too, sport events, winetasting events, general meetings, rafting and camping trips, mammoth trips, beach day events, and other social activities.
• 2008-2012 - American Public Works Association Member
• 2006-2007 - Structural Engineers Association of Southern California Member
• 2006-2007 - Consulting Engineers and Land Surveyors of California Member
High School Reunion Committee Chair – Responsible for the 10-year high school reunion for over 500 students. Prepared the budget and venue location for the event.
• 3-13-11 – (OC YMF) Community Service Event – Service Day OC Parks
• 5-20-11 – (OC YMF) K-12 Outreach- Presentation 4th grade class. Stonegate Elementary Irvine
• 6-10-11– (OC YMF) McGarvin Intermediary School Presentation in Westminster
• 12-11-10 – (OC YMF) Community Service Event – Friendly Center in Orange
- Suggested Award Summary:
Andrew Pham, PE, LEED AP, M.ASCE
Andrew Pham is currently a Civil Engineer for the City of Irvine in the Development Engineering Division, where he has worked on several city planning area projects, as well as the Great Park. Prior to joining the City of Irvine in 2008, he worked as a Staff Engineer at Hall and Foreman for 3 years. Andrew has been actively involved with ASCE OC YMF since 2007, and has served as social chair, as well as on the executive board. During the past 5 years, as social chair, he as organized and hosted many events including Mammoth trips, Winetasting trips, Happy Hour Events, Beach Events, and Go-Kart Racing Events. In 2010, Andrew was elected as President for the Orange County Younger Member Forum. Andrew received the YMF’s Vice President’s Award in 2008 for his outstanding contributions to Orange County Younger Member Forum. During Andrew’s presidency he supported his board to host 2011 Western Regional Younger Council and the 2012 Popsicle Stick Bridge Competition. Andrew supported the group as both a trusted team member and advisor. Several of Andrew’s direct contributions were instrumental in the success of these and numerous other events. During PSBC Andrew’s direct involvement in securing and coordinating with the venue was vital. Andrew was also the PSBC volunteer coordinator and oversaw all the volunteer work for the event which sought to inspire hundreds of high school students to seek a career in engineering.